April 21, 2013
Aren’t Newfield selling of their Malaysian assets? Anyone have change to spare?
Newfield Exploration Co. (NFX), the U.S. oil producer exploring the sale of offshore assets, had what it called the “largest conventional exploratory success” in its history with a natural gas discovery off the coast of Malaysia.
The B-14 well encountered 1,585 feet (483 meters) of net natural gas in about 250 feet of water 50 miles (80 kilometers) offshore, The Woodlands, Texas-based company said in a statement today after the close of regular trading. Newfield operates Block SK 310 and has a 30 percent interest. Mitsubishi Corp. (8058) owns 30 percent and Petronas Carigali holds 40 percent, Newfield said.
March 14, 2011
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- SBM are looking for a looot of people, so I guess the international FPSO/floating solutions market is growing. They want principal engineers, senior engineers, operations people, and the non-tech people termed ‘support’. Send email here, or snail mail to SBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Suite 2B-09-01, Block 2B, Level 9, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen 5, 50470 KL, or call +603 2773 5300.
- MECIP is advertising for engineers to work in Bintulu. Find the advert here.
- Newfield is looking for a Senior Geophysicist, Senior Reservoir Engineer, Junior Reservoir Engineer, Production Engineer, Static Equipment Engineer. Email your resume in before 31 March, 2011.
- Petrofac has a four page (count ’em, four!) spread of opportunities. She’s looking for a Commissioning Manager, Offshore Integration Superintendent, Lead Instrument Engineer, Lead Marine Engineer, Lead & Senior Structural Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Assistant Marine Engineer, QA/ QC Engineer. Contact them here.
- Scomi is looking for Drilling Fluid Engineers, Drilling Waste Management & Solid Control Engineers (we talking industrial or municipal waste here?), and Service Engineers – Production Chemicals (whew, thought it was other kinds of services). Snail mail to SCOMI KMC Sdn Bhd, Human Resources Department, Level 11, 1 First Avenue Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, or email them here.
- Talisman is looking for a Senior Geophysicist, Senior Drilling Engineer, Reservoir Engineer, Drilling Supervisor, Night Drilling Supervisor. Apply here, and visit their site.
Here are some ChemEng books selected by Amazon:
Troubleshooting Process Operations, 4th Edition, Process Technology Troubleshooting, Fundamentals of Natural Gas Processing, Second Edition (Dekker Mechanical Engineering)
August 19, 2010
Ah, have the found the alleged vessel that dragged the pipeline? More importantly, have they found the captain’s body? Or was it the kraken?
If you need flow assurance done on the pipeline after the repairs, you know who to call. If you want the pipeline re-certified, call the same people as well.
Dateline 2010-08-09, from PR Newswire:
Newfield Exploration Company (NYSE: NFX) today announced that oil production from its East Belumut Field, located on PM 323 offshore Malaysia, had resumed following repairs to a damaged export pipeline. Field production has been returned to more than 20,000 BOPD (gross).
The East Belumut field was offline for four weeks, following damage to an oil pipeline connecting the East Belumut platform on PM 323 to the Tinggi platform (located approximately 17 miles from East Belumut). The damage was caused by the activities of an unidentified marine vessel unrelated to Newfield’s operations. East Belumut is located approximately 160 miles offshore Peninsular Malaysia in 240 feet of water. Newfield operates PM 323 with a 60% interest.
July 16, 2010
Looks like Newfield is in the news … not in a good way.
From Bernama, dateline 2010-07-10:
PETRONAS has identified a damage point on a production pipeline operated by Newfield Peninsula Malaysia Inc, as the source of the oil sheen, sighted near offshore platforms off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
“Subsea investigations detected early this morning, one damage point on a production pipeline operated by Newfield Peninsula Malaysia Inc,” it said in a statement.
“Initial visual inspection results indicate the pipeline had been damaged by activities of an unidentified marine vessel unrelated to Newfield’s operations.
“Repair work on the affected pipeline is in progress,” it added.
Yesterday, Petronas took emergency measures to shut down production pipelines at the 240km offshore platforms, after a thin layer of oil sheen was sighted.
More news here, here,
May 24, 2010
Commercial note: I’m monetizing this site, so support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.
- ExxonMobil is looking for a wellwork supervisor. This advert came out about the same time last year. Do they only last for a year, or is this a term contract?
- Amerstrand Engineering is looking for a Project Manager (E&I, Mech, Piping & Architectural). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no website.
- Kencana Pinewell, a subsidiary of Kencana Petroleum, is looking for a mess o’ people. Project Man, Constr Man, Tender & Prop Man, Opns Team Leader, Field Eng, Project Eng, Comm Eng, Rot Eqt Eng, QC Eng, HSE Eng. Send your resumes to email@example.com
- SABIC is looking for people, production operators for olefins (etylene, butene-1 and butadiene). You can apply via email here or here. Or key in your resumes online here, by logging in under candidate login and password at the website. Submission by 26th May, 2010, interviews on 29th and 30th May 2010 at the Ritz Carlton.
- Newfield is looking for a HSE specialist, Environmental specialist (I always forget the ‘n’ in environ…). Email your resume in before 7 June, 2010.
- Smith International Inc. is looking for i-Drill Engineers (you drill what?). Apply here.
Food recommendations for this week? Try Aliya, on Lorong Dungun.
As for recommendations, since Ashes to Ashes (spin-of from the Life on Mars Series) concluded on Friday, 21 March, and I am a big fan of the series (not sure about the US version, though), I recommend getting Life On Mars (UK): The Complete Collection, Ashes to Ashes – Series One, and Ashes To Ashes – Series 2. Or if you can wait, I’m sure they’ll publish Ashes to Ashes as one complete selection.
July 6, 2009
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- First off, Synergy is looking for 5 lead safety engineers and 3 lead process engineers. Visit the Synergy website for contact details. And safety specialists. Ah, heck. If you have more than 5 years experience in O&G, apply. If you have less than 5, send a donation to the offshore account, and still get abuse.
- Shell has a full page advert, looking for graduates in engineering and chemistry. Go visit http://www.shell.com/careers. Looks like there’s a shell recruitment day coming up soon.
- Newfield has a full page advertisement looking for a snr reservoir eng, senior process eng, mech eng, completion eng, HSE eng, E&I eng, struct eng, offshore installation eng. Email your resume in before 30th July. And their HR manager last week said they weren’t recruiting process engineers…
- Talisman is looking for a Reservoir Technical Support Eng. Apply here, and visit their site.
August 11, 2008
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- DPS Bristol (M) Sdn Bhd and DPS Consultant Malaysia Sdn Bhd are looking for a lot of engineers. Examples are Project Eng (6 pax), Lead Process Eng (10 pax!), Lead Mech/Pipe (10 pax)… I wish my company was expanding that fast. Anyhow, closing date is 15th August, 2008. You can fax your resume to +603 9206 2626 or email it in.
- MISC are looking for a few engineers.
- MMHE is looking for engineers. They have a walk in interview at Hotel Grand Continental Kuantan, 16th and 17th August, between 8.30 to 6.00 pm. Visit their site under Career Opportunities, or email your resume in.
- Schlumbergeris looking for a geoscientist / reservoir engineer. Email your resume in before 20th August.
- Newfield are looking for a Geologist / Geophysicist / Completions Engineer / Offshore Installation, Projects Engineer / Onshore Construction, Project Engineer. Email your resume in before 23rd August.
Nippon Oil is looking for a whole mess of people. I guess they want to staff up a project management team (PMC) for new developments. Engineering positions available: contract, facility, senior production, senior reservoir, DCS & instr, senior opns, senior process, senior maintenance, mech. Snail mail before 31st August, 2008 to Human Resources Section, Nippon Oil Exploration (Malaysia), Ltd, Lot 1168, 3rd Floor, Wisma Interhill, Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak. Hey, this is almost exactly the advert that went out 08-04-26. If I were you, I would ask for more money as they didn’t get the people they wanted 4 months ago.
in Kuwait has a position for Head of Production, Utilities & Hydrogen Production and Product Workup Units. Another GTL opportunity. They are a JV between the ever loved Qatar Petroleum and Sasol of South Africa.
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic
) is looking for a process, instrument / control system, safety engineers and polypropylene operators. There is a walk in interview on the 16th to 19th August, 2009. (tempting, tempting) at the JW Marriot, between 0900 to 1700. You can apply via email here
Happy hunting. Let me have some feedback if you find this list useful. Even better, spread the news. PayPal donations welcome.
June 6, 2008
Undisclosed sources say that Newfield’s Chermingat has produced first oil, but is undergoing problems typical of all newborns. Does that mean there are opportunities for nannies to help smoothen the transition? Can IGL Process Solutions provide this help?
Chermingat is located in Block PM323 offshore Peninsular Malaysia. She was built by Oilfab, with the engineering services done by MMC Oil & Gas Engineering. Ah, I remember the days when mmogel (such a weird shorthand) was an excellent company to work with. Most of the old and trusted process engineers of now have passed through its doors, passed through being the operative word.