March 20, 2014
How come I wasn’t sent a subpoena? And score one for the ‘disgruntled employee’.
Dateline 2014-02-11, MalaysiaKini:
Petronas subsidiary MISC has surfaced in a global bribery and corruption scandal involving US$10 million (RM33.4 million) of more than US$250 million (RM834 million) in bribes and other malpractices spanning six years, which centres around Dutch oil and gas (O&G) services company SBM Offshore.
According to a document listing possible fraud by SBM Offshore in various countries spanning Africa, Equatorial Guinea, Brazil, Iraq, Kazakhstan and Italy in addition to Malaysia, MISC was allegedly involved in payments to Barnado Limited and Delcom Limited totalling US$10 million (RM33.4 million) related to the Kikeh field floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) platform.
March 14, 2011
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- SBM are looking for a looot of people, so I guess the international FPSO/floating solutions market is growing. They want principal engineers, senior engineers, operations people, and the non-tech people termed ‘support’. Send email here, or snail mail to SBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Suite 2B-09-01, Block 2B, Level 9, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen 5, 50470 KL, or call +603 2773 5300.
- MECIP is advertising for engineers to work in Bintulu. Find the advert here.
- Newfield is looking for a Senior Geophysicist, Senior Reservoir Engineer, Junior Reservoir Engineer, Production Engineer, Static Equipment Engineer. Email your resume in before 31 March, 2011.
- Petrofac has a four page (count ’em, four!) spread of opportunities. She’s looking for a Commissioning Manager, Offshore Integration Superintendent, Lead Instrument Engineer, Lead Marine Engineer, Lead & Senior Structural Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Assistant Marine Engineer, QA/ QC Engineer. Contact them here.
- Scomi is looking for Drilling Fluid Engineers, Drilling Waste Management & Solid Control Engineers (we talking industrial or municipal waste here?), and Service Engineers – Production Chemicals (whew, thought it was other kinds of services). Snail mail to SCOMI KMC Sdn Bhd, Human Resources Department, Level 11, 1 First Avenue Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, or email them here.
- Talisman is looking for a Senior Geophysicist, Senior Drilling Engineer, Reservoir Engineer, Drilling Supervisor, Night Drilling Supervisor. Apply here, and visit their site.
Here are some ChemEng books selected by Amazon:
Troubleshooting Process Operations, 4th Edition, Process Technology Troubleshooting, Fundamentals of Natural Gas Processing, Second Edition (Dekker Mechanical Engineering)
May 10, 2010
Commercial note: I’m monetizing this site, so support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.
- SBM are looking for a looot of people, so I guess the international FPSO/floating solutions market is growing. They want structural engineers, snr process engineers, process eng, metallurgist/ welding engineer, snr electrical eng, marine eng, hydrodynamic eng, snr rotating eqt eng, snr static/ package eng, project eng, planning eng. Send email here, or snail mail to SBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Suite 2B-09-01, Block 2B, Level 9, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen 5, 50470 KL, or call +603 2773 5300.
- BP “Ensuring a bright future for all through positive values” (ironic, considering the attention given to its Gulf Gusher) is being anti-engineer this week. Accounting majors, send in your applications online here.
- SABIC is looking for people, plant operator (polyethylene and others), electrical tech, instrument tech, chemist. You can apply via email here or here. Or key in your resumes online here. Anyone planning to go to the walk in interviews?
This week I’m recommending some child friendly stuff. My kids have been dancing to Phineas and Ferb, the soundtrack for hours on end. Best user endorsement I’ve seen yet.
September 20, 2009
Taken from Bernama, dateline 2009-09-15:
Oil and gas services company SBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd has won a contract worth US$1.2 billion to supply a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel.
The contract was awarded by its holding company, Amsterdam-listed SBM offshore on behalf of U.S. listed Noble Energy Inc, which is developing offshore oil and gas projects in Block one of the Aseng field in Equatorial Guinea, which is located in Central Africa.
The FPSO Aseng will be capable of processing 80,000 barrels of oil per day and will have water and gas injection capabilities, Replumaz told a media briefing, here Tuesday.
I wonder if I can get a sniff of this work.
July 13, 2009
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- First off, Synergy is looking for 5 lead safety engineers and 3 lead process engineers. Visit the Synergy website for contact details. And safety specialists. Ah, heck. If you have more than 5 years experience in O&G, apply. If you have less than 5, send a donation to the offshore account, and still get abuse.
- If you want to “meet all challenges head on,” SBM is looking for a principal eng (FW, marine, elect, inst, telecomm), senior (static eqt), intools eng. Send email here.
- Isee UOP‘s got an office in Malaysia. Maybe I’ll get quicker responses from them.
- Turboservices is looking for a project test eng. Send email here.
- There’s an advert for a Singaporean company, Rotary. They want a assistant/project eng. Send email here.
- Deleum is looking for senior engineers and engineers-customer service. Send email here.
Sigh, since I have moved with Synergy out of KL, will you patronise Chee Meng in my memory? Or invite me to meetings around Bukit Bintang at lunchtime? Is he doing packet specials?
Maybe I should change loyalty to Pakeeza, which is a bit closer to the office.