- 1994 B.A. Chemical Engineering (Honours), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- 1995 M.E. Chemical Engineering (Honours), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Malaysia.
- Professional Engineer Malaysia
- Corporate Member of the IChemE,
- Chartered Engineer
- Register TÜV Functional Safety Engineer
- Honeywell Unisim Trainer (Steady State and Dynamics)
To extract a summary from my CV:
- Wata has 20 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, in both design and operations.
- Wata joined ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Malaysia Inc shortly after graduation in 1995 as a process engineer in the design department.
- In 1998, he was reassigned to EMEPMI’s operations department. His responsibility was to provide technical support to an offshore production facility, eventually accepting responsibility as lead facilities engineer. His tasks were varied, included troubleshooting day to day challenges, managing retrofit projects, and leading safety cases.
- He was made the Company’s custody metering engineer in 2001, charged with leading the exercise to ensure the Company compliance with industry and company specifications was enhanced. During his tenure, a number of continuous improvements were initiated. He was involved in a number of management level committees.
- Whilst in Poyry, Wata has been a Senior Process Engineer and General Manager. He provided technical leadership and business development functions.
- Wata was a Director of Synergy Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn. Bhd., a PETRONAS licensed company. In addition to business development, he provided leadership roles for technical safety, measurement and allocation, and operations support.
- Wata is currently a Director of IGL Services Sdn. Bhd, providing technical safety, safety workshop facilitation, measurement and allocation services,and operations support.
Paypal donations to support this site are welcome.