May 17, 2022
Dateline 2022-04-23, The Edge:
Sapura Energy Bhd is on the verge of bankruptcy, only three weeks shy of the 10-year anniversary of the mega-merger between SapuraCrest Petroleum Bhd and Kencana Petroleum Bhd, which created SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd back in mid-May 2012.
Its name was changed to the current one at end-March 2017.
From a merger valuation of RM11.85 billion, Sapura Energy’s market capitalisation swelled to RM28 billion in early 2014, following the acquisition of Seadrill’s rig business and Newfield’s Malaysian assets. At its peak, Sapura Energy was the world’s second largest integrated oil and gas service provider.
Leave a Comment » | investment, Malaysian election | Tagged: Kencana Petroleum, Sapura Energy, SapuraCrest, SapuraKencana | Permalink
Posted by Wata
March 26, 2012
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.
If you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- I’m looking for a senior process engineer, 7+ years experience. Send your cv here . Also looking for process safety persons, lead piping designer, lead instrument engineer, and other seniors you think will catch my eye.
- Petrofac is looking for an offshore installation manager, production superviosr, maintenance supervisor, production technician, e&i technician, mech technician, turbo machinery technician, deck foreman, deck crew. Contact them here.
- I see that Qatar Petroleum is looking for lots of heads / kepala / rais. That would be for EOR, Operations, Surveillance, snr geologist, geophysicist, petroleum engineer, petrophysicist, res engineer, petroleum engineer, geologist. Apply here or visit the website.
- Kencana Petroleum is looking for project managers, engineering manager, procurement manager, HU&C manager, QA/QC manager, planning/scheduling manager, project HSE manager. Send an email here.
May I suggest that readers install the Waze app on their phones? And use it as much as possible? It says its a “a social mobile application providing free turn-by-turn navigation based on the live conditions of the road. 100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!” It’s definitely getting better for the Klang Valley area, though we need more users from East Malaysia.
Support your local bookshop! Visit Bookalicious at The Summit Subang, good selection of imported books. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and otherologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces. Maybe I should say that next time I visit them. Those of you who have dropped my name, thanks!
BTW, did I tell you that I am the Secretary of MOGEC?
For those of you who have a healthy skepticism to my industry, these books are for you:
Why We Hate the Oil Companies: Straight Talk from an Energy Insider, The Party’s Over: Oil, War and the Fate of Industrial Societies, Barbarians of Oil: How the World’s Oil Addiction Threatens Global Prosperity and Four Investments to Protect Your Wealth (Agora Series)
This week’s food promotion is … masak asam pedas. If you find nice places around PJ, let me know. I’ve tried the one across from the PJ State Police Station, and the shop next to Dewan MPSJ in PJ State.
Leave a Comment » | engineering, Malaysia, oil and gas | Tagged: bookalic, Kencana, Kencana Petroleum, mogec, Petrofac, Qatar Petroleum, QP, Waze | Permalink
Posted by Wata
May 24, 2010
Commercial note: I’m monetizing this site, so support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.
- ExxonMobil is looking for a wellwork supervisor. This advert came out about the same time last year. Do they only last for a year, or is this a term contract?
- Amerstrand Engineering is looking for a Project Manager (E&I, Mech, Piping & Architectural). Email to email@example.com. There is no website.
- Kencana Pinewell, a subsidiary of Kencana Petroleum, is looking for a mess o’ people. Project Man, Constr Man, Tender & Prop Man, Opns Team Leader, Field Eng, Project Eng, Comm Eng, Rot Eqt Eng, QC Eng, HSE Eng. Send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SABIC is looking for people, production operators for olefins (etylene, butene-1 and butadiene). You can apply via email here or here. Or key in your resumes online here, by logging in under candidate login and password at the website. Submission by 26th May, 2010, interviews on 29th and 30th May 2010 at the Ritz Carlton.
- Newfield is looking for a HSE specialist, Environmental specialist (I always forget the ‘n’ in environ…). Email your resume in before 7 June, 2010.
- Smith International Inc. is looking for i-Drill Engineers (you drill what?). Apply here.
Food recommendations for this week? Try Aliya, on Lorong Dungun.
As for recommendations, since Ashes to Ashes (spin-of from the Life on Mars Series) concluded on Friday, 21 March, and I am a big fan of the series (not sure about the US version, though), I recommend getting Life On Mars (UK): The Complete Collection, Ashes to Ashes – Series One, and Ashes To Ashes – Series 2. Or if you can wait, I’m sure they’ll publish Ashes to Ashes as one complete selection.
17 Comments | engineering, Malaysia, oil and gas | Tagged: Amerstrand, EMEPMI, ExxonMobil, Kencana Petroleum, newfield, sabic, Smith International | Permalink
Posted by Wata
April 19, 2010
- Kencana Petroleum is looking for design engineers – process, mech, piping, electrical, instrument and civil/structural, which about covers the whole spectrum. They are also looking for project engineers and managers. Send CVs via snail mail to The Managing Director, Kencana Bestwide Sdn Bhd, Megan Avenue II, Unit B-11-11, No. 12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. BTW, this exact same advert came out on 2008-11-15.
- Hey, here’s a coincidence. First time I heard of Lynas was on Tuesday, and look who puts an ad in the paper. There is a walk-in interview on the 26-27 April for Production Technicians, and 26-28 April for Planner (Mech, I&E), Fitters, Technicians. It will be held at MS Garden Hotel, Lot 5-10, Lorong Gambut, Off Jalan Berserah, Kuantan.
Food recommendation? Saturday’s lunch was provided by the IEM’s AGM, and the annual dinner was held at the Sime Darby Convention Centre.
As for a book recommendation, how about something from Terry Pratchett? I think I own all the Discworld novels, as they appeal to my sense of humour. Go pick up the latest book, Unseen Academicals (Discworld)
, though I think Sir Pratchett’s writing is tending towards dark humour. His earlier writings are the literal equivalent of Black Adder, though if anyone compares this classic series to Mr. Bean, we will get medieval (pun intended) on your rear.
1 Comment | engineering, Malaysia, oil and gas | Tagged: Kencana Petroleum, Lynas | Permalink
Posted by Wata
November 17, 2008
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- Synergy Oil and Gas Engineering is recruiting fresh chemical engineering graduates, or those with around 1 year experience. CVs may be sent to email@example.com. It’s also looking for admin execs who can run the invoicing / payroll / accounting web as well as be office managers.
- ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Malaysia Inc (who says I can’t remember names of my former masters) have an add for an elec engineer, facilities eng (aka ‘Swiss army knife engineer’), instrumentation and controls eng, process eng. Apply here.
- QP is looking for a lot of people. Among them are Gas Production Dept: Snr Maintenance Opns Eng, Offshore Installation Supt. Transmission & Distribution Dept: Lead Process Eng, Snr Project Process Eng, Snr Opns Eng. Terminal Opns Dept: Maint Planning Eng, Snr Process Eng. You can visit the QP website. Did I tell you that QP’s SWB (salary, wages, benefits) package is something to be sneezed at?
- Noble Denton is looking for an engineer, with a degree in Naval Arch, Offshore Eng, Marine Eng or Mech Eng. At least 5 years working experience in O&G offshore. You can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kencana Petroleum is looking for design engineers – process, mech, piping, electrical, instrument and civil/structural, which about covers the whole spectrum. They are also looking for project engineers and managers. Send CVs via snail mail to The Managing Director, Kencana Bestwide Sdn Bhd, Megan Avenue II, Unit B-11-11, No. 12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Sigh, when I move with Synergy to Subang, will you patronise Chee Meng in my memory?
7 Comments | engineering, Malaysia, oil and gas | Tagged: Bestwide, Chee Meng, EMEPMI, Kencana Petroleum, Noble Denton, Qatar Petroleum, QP, SOGE, Synergy | Permalink
Posted by Wata