June 3, 2017
Next, Gas Malaysia will accept payment in bitcoins.
Dateline 2017-04-21, The Edge:
Gas Malaysia Bhd through its subsidiary Gas Malaysia IEV Sdn Bhd (GMIEV) has formally commenced its virtual pipeline business following the officiation of its compressed natural gas mother station in Gebeng, Pahang.
GMIEV is a joint venture company incorporated in 2014 between Gas Malaysia — a member of MMC Corp Bhd — and IEV Energy Sdn Bhd. It was created to supply compressed natural gas to customers that are currently not served by Gas Malaysia’s natural gas distribution system network.
In a statement today, Gas Malaysia chairman Datuk Hasni Harun said the company has started to gradually create new demand for natural gas, opening up new avenues of business opportunity.
“At present, we have commenced supply to our first customer in Pekan, Pahang,” he said.
August 13, 2016
Dateline 2016-07-04, Asia Review:
Gas Malaysia, partly owned by infrastructure company MMC Corp., is raising natural gas tariff in a move that analysts say will spare utilities from higher costs but may weigh on earnings of manufacturers which uses gas as an input.
The average gas tariff for heavy consumers and commercial users will rise by 6.0% to 27.05 ringgit per one million British thermal unit from July 15, Gas Malaysia said in a stock exchange filing. Selling prices for most residential customers meanwhile remained unchanged.
The increase in the piped-gas tariff will be “positive” in generating cash for national oil and gas producer Petroliam Nasional, or Petronas, while the impact on state-run power producer Tenaga Nasional
is “likely to be neutral,” said Fitch Ratings.
April 17, 2014
Enigma is right. Who?
Dateline 2014-03-14, The Star:
Gas Malaysia Bhd and MMC Corporation Bhd‘s unit Enigma Harmoni Sdn Bhd have agreed on the terms for the gas distribution pipeline project.
According to Gas Malaysia on Friday, the terms included the construction of the pipeline and other works for the supply of natural gas to Enigma Harmoni.
Enigma Harmoni is a unit of Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn Bhd, which in turn is a unit of MMC. MMC also holds 30.93% of Gas Malaysia.
The estimated infrastructure cost is RM4.40mil. The project is slated for completion by Nov 30 this year.
February 17, 2014
I see that for Ranhill, the game is afoot.
From The Star, dateline 2014-01-07:
Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd has awarded a five-year umbrella contract to four local engineering services contractors to undertake the design and engineering services for its facilities involved in the oil and gas industry.
Petronas Carigali, which is Petroliam Nasional Bhd’s upstream unit, said on Tuesday the four companies were Technip Consultant (M) Sdn Bhd, Perunding Ranhill Worley Sdn Bhd, RNZ Integrated (M) Sdn Bhd and MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd.
June 25, 2012
C’mon. Buy my recommendations, or through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for my new camera. Where are those corporate sponsors? Or throw donations at me.
If you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- I’m looking for a senior process engineer, 7+ years experience. Send your cv here . Also looking for process safety persons, lead piping designer, lead instrument engineer, and other seniors you think will catch my eye.
- SapuraKencana has a multi-page ad (half page here, 2 pages there, another page towards the arse end of the supplement). Send your cv here. They should pay more attention, I am getting an error message upon visiting their site “Bandwidth Limit Exceeded. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.” Beats the 404 message, I guess.
- MMC Oil & Gas Engineering Sdn Bhd is looking for people. Send your cv here. I happen to know they are not registered as a Engineering Consultancy Practice under every discipline they provide services for, yet they have a multi-disciplinary registration with PETRONAS. How does that work?
- I see Petrofac is looking for engineers. They are ‘at the heart of oil & gas operations’. If you want to be in the left atrium, send your cv here.
- Hey hey, I see that Labuan Shipyard & Engineering are advertising. Send your cv here, or snail mail at Human Resource Manager, Labuan Shipyard & Engineering Sdn. Bhd., km 9, Jalan Ranca-Ranca, P.O. Box 81210, 87031 Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia.
May I suggest that readers try Bluestacks? Run your Android apps on your Windows tablet, so you can buy that Win8 tablet (and buy me one) without worrying you won’t have anything to play on it!
Support your local bookshop! Bookalicious at The Summit Subang is a good choice. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and other ologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces. Those of you who have dropped my name, thanks!
You need to improve your Excel massage skills if you want to be an engineer. Here are some words to help you along.
Excel 2010 Bible, Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet’s Bookshelf), Excel for Scientists and Engineers: Numerical Methods
This week’s food promotion is … mee bandung Mooor. If you find nice places around PJ, let me know. I’ve tried the one across from the PJ State Police Station.
July 27, 2010
Please, can someone tell PETRONAS to sell gas at market rates to industries in Malaysia? That’ll teach us a lesson to take our resources for granted.
And Why exactly is MMC making the announcement, not Gas Malaysia?
From the Star, dateline 2010-07-13:
MMC Corp Bhd said its 41.8%-owned subsidiary Gas Malaysia Sdn Bhd has signed a second supplemental gas supply agreement with Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) for an additional supply of 82 million standard cu ft per day (mmscfd) natural gas from the latter.
Gas Malaysia had last August secured a long-term supply of 300 mmscfd from PETRONAS.
“The additional supply of the 82 mmscfd natural gas shall be effective until Dec 31, 2011,” it told Bursa Malaysia.
You can subscribe to an online version of the paper at the Bluehyppo site, follow links to e-browse.
July 9, 2008
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. I’ve been on holiday for the past few days, so expect to see photos of folks I met in that time.
Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- MMC amec has some jobs on offer, for lead and senior engineers. E-mails here. They are seriously desperate for people, esp. process folks. They have 2 of our folks there already on secondment.
- There’s a position in Talisman for a reservoir support engineer, though I have no idea what that entails (you are either a reservoir eng, or a technician I would have thought).
- Titan Chemicals have walk in interviews for Senior Engineers/Engineer (Mech/ E/ Instr/ Process/ Prod/ Steam(Steam?)), Chemists, Technicians (Opns and Labs). The interviews will be held on the 12th of July 2008 (Sat) at Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang, Sejahtera Hall, Jalan Bandar, 81700 Pasir Gudang, Johor. Good luck to all takers.
- If you are interested in SCADA (and please, someone give me a slide presentation on SCADA vs. DCS), Mahkota Research Sdn Bhd is looking for a Senior Engineer or Engineer. E-mails here.
- MMHE is looking for engineers. Visit their site under Career Opportunities.
Happy hunting. Let me have some feedback if you find this list useful. Even better, spread the news. PayPal donations welcome.
June 6, 2008
Undisclosed sources say that Newfield’s Chermingat has produced first oil, but is undergoing problems typical of all newborns. Does that mean there are opportunities for nannies to help smoothen the transition? Can IGL Process Solutions provide this help?
Chermingat is located in Block PM323 offshore Peninsular Malaysia. She was built by Oilfab, with the engineering services done by MMC Oil & Gas Engineering. Ah, I remember the days when mmogel (such a weird shorthand) was an excellent company to work with. Most of the old and trusted process engineers of now have passed through its doors, passed through being the operative word.