March 22, 2010
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, you are definitely Cylon fodder.
- Synergy is looking for lead safety engineers, safety specialists, junior and lead process engineers and technical writers. We’re on an expansion drive, people! Visit the Synergy website for contact details. For leads, you need 5 years plus experience in the oil & gas industry. For safety specialist applicants, you need to be well versed in HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, FERA and Formal Safety Assessment. Ah, heck. If you have more than 5 years experience in O&G, apply. If you have less than 5, send a donation to the offshore account, and still get abuse. For juniors, go pick up a copy of Cambridge’s ChemEng syallabus, and go study like the Tripods (all of them) are tomorrow.
- Subsea 7 is looking for a Business Development Manager (SEA). View the job desciption here, and apply online.
- Ah, a familiar name is back again. Shapadu is looking for project man, HSE man, E&I eng, Planning eng, Mech & piping eng, QA/QC eng. Please apply here or here or snail mail to: Shapadu Energy and Engineering Sdn Bhd, Wisma Berkat, Lot 10, Jalan Pelabur 23/1 Section 23, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor DE.
- Nippon Oil Exploration (Malaysia) Ltd (NOEX) asks, “Do you want to be part of a sustainable energy initiative for the future?” If so, there is a position for a Senoir Drilling Engineer. Snail mail to Human Resource Section NIPPON OIL EXPLORATION (MALAYSIA) LTD, Lot 1168, 3rd Floor, Wisma Interhill, Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia before 12th April, 2010.
As you can probably tell, I was on leave last week. Food was catered for at Ayu Mayang Resort, Redang, Terengganu. How was the weather out there? Put it this way, no swimming was allowed, no boats could beach outside the big ferry jetty, and people were surfing outside the resort. Yes, it was kinda rough, people, though I still managed to get 2 dives in, bordering on suicidal.
Food Ayu Mayang Resort
September 14, 2009
- First off, Synergy is looking for 5 lead safety engineers and 3 lead process engineers. Visit the Synergy website for contact details. And safety specialists. Ah, heck. If you have more than 5 years experience in O&G, apply. If you have less than 5, send a donation to the offshore account, and still get abuse.
- I see AP Recruitment has a full page spread. Must be the start of booming times in Qatar. The are usually associated with Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Gas. Wonder why the don’t mention their client here? Anyhow, jobs are available for Maint Eng (Electrical), Planning Engineering Specialist (Shutdown). The rest are technician posts. Apply here.
- Shapadu is recruiting for Mech & Piping, Elect & Instr, Planning, Structural & Construction, Comm Eng. Email here or here. I know these guys as an offshore construction group, though I tend to pay attention to who actually works for a company rather than the company name. That’s the nature of construction contracts, if the PSC likes you personally, then you swap coveralls and work for the PSC’s flavour of the month.
- And Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC to friends) has a two-page spread. I presume they are now moving into detailed design / fabrication? Anyhow, the posts that they hope to fill are: Offshore Installation Manager (OIM, PIC, Platform Supv), Snr Proj Eng, Snr Proj Eng (Mat & Eqpt), Electrical Reliability Eng (is TNB offshore?), C&I Reliability Eng, Snr Contract Specialist (this is where you make your money by, ahem, creative means), Metering System Reliability Eng (not many of them around), Piping Eng, Mech Reliability Eng, LQ project eng (please don’t make it dorm style), Proj Eng, Planning Eng, Cost Eng). Please apply here, or snail mail to: Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Comp Sdn Bhd, Level 52, Tower 2, PETRONAS Twin Towers, KLCC, 50088 KL, Malaysia.
No makan-makan recommendations this week. I did have an iftar at the Bluewave Hotel, Shah Alam though.