February 28, 2011
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- Petrofac is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Marine Supervisor, Production Operator, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrument Technician, Marine Technician, Marine Maintenance Technician. Contact them here.
- AP Recruitment is being coy, not saying who they are recruiting for. Could be a scam. If you want to try your luck, they are looking for field operators with experience is gas processing (LNG/ LPG/ NGL/ Sulphur Recovery, etc). CVs to be submitted here. They have a walk-in interview session at M.S. Meeting Room 7 (Mezzanine Floor), M.S. Garden Hotel Kuantan.
Some interesting IChemE safety-related publications:
The Safety Relief Valve Handbook: Design and Use of Process Safety Valves to ASME and International Codes and Standards (Butterworth-Heinemann/IChemE), HAZOP: Guide to Best Practice, 2nd Edition – IChemE, Liquid Hydrocarbon Tank Fires (BP Process Safety Series) – IChemE
. Buy these books from here.
September 14, 2009
- First off, Synergy is looking for 5 lead safety engineers and 3 lead process engineers. Visit the Synergy website for contact details. And safety specialists. Ah, heck. If you have more than 5 years experience in O&G, apply. If you have less than 5, send a donation to the offshore account, and still get abuse.
- I see AP Recruitment has a full page spread. Must be the start of booming times in Qatar. The are usually associated with Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Gas. Wonder why the don’t mention their client here? Anyhow, jobs are available for Maint Eng (Electrical), Planning Engineering Specialist (Shutdown). The rest are technician posts. Apply here.
- Shapadu is recruiting for Mech & Piping, Elect & Instr, Planning, Structural & Construction, Comm Eng. Email here or here. I know these guys as an offshore construction group, though I tend to pay attention to who actually works for a company rather than the company name. That’s the nature of construction contracts, if the PSC likes you personally, then you swap coveralls and work for the PSC’s flavour of the month.
- And Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC to friends) has a two-page spread. I presume they are now moving into detailed design / fabrication? Anyhow, the posts that they hope to fill are: Offshore Installation Manager (OIM, PIC, Platform Supv), Snr Proj Eng, Snr Proj Eng (Mat & Eqpt), Electrical Reliability Eng (is TNB offshore?), C&I Reliability Eng, Snr Contract Specialist (this is where you make your money by, ahem, creative means), Metering System Reliability Eng (not many of them around), Piping Eng, Mech Reliability Eng, LQ project eng (please don’t make it dorm style), Proj Eng, Planning Eng, Cost Eng). Please apply here, or snail mail to: Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Comp Sdn Bhd, Level 52, Tower 2, PETRONAS Twin Towers, KLCC, 50088 KL, Malaysia.
No makan-makan recommendations this week. I did have an iftar at the Bluewave Hotel, Shah Alam though.