Saturday Star 2008-09-20 – Job Opportunities

Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:

• Shell wants you to come to a open day. Catch is, you have to invited, and you get invited by sending in your CV to SPS-AsiaXPRecruit@sheel.com. Oct 6th’s the closing date. Positions available are Instr, Elect, Subsea, Drill and Well, Struc, Process & Material, Resv, Project.
  • Murphy is looking for a deputy production manager, and a reliability engineer. CVs to be submitted here.
  • Titan Chemicals has a mess of jobs up for grabs.
  • Optimal is looking for a Kerteh-based Reliability and Electrical Engineer. Email and web presence available. A lot of people moved to Optimal when it first started up, though I think the renumeration package isn’t as good nowadays. However, it’s still better than PETRONAS because Dow Chemicals is running interference.

Can someone please join RNZ? I need them to supply me more engineers. If you have 3 years offshore experience and are available for the next 8 weeks, call me.

9 Responses to Saturday Star 2008-09-20 – Job Opportunities

1. zaitul says:

RNZ?for what position?

2. Wata says:

What I meant was, I need a process engineer with min. 3 years offshore experience (feel free to mix up opns and design). I currently have 2 engineers seconded from RNZ, but I need one more.

3. ANN says:

I am interested to be part of the oil and gas industry as a Structural Engineer. I’m now involved in the maritime civil engineering. Can someone recommend to join RNZ?.

4. Wata says:

ANN: Do you really want to start out again as a structural engineer? If so, then it doesn’t have to be RNZ. If you want to use your marine skills in O&G, maybe you should talk to m3nergy, MISC, or international FSO / FPSO builders & converters.

5. ANN says:

Yes wata, it is my dream to be part in the oil and gas industry. I have approx. 8 years of experience in the geotechnical, civil & structural, maritime civil/structures engineering. I have sent my resume to many companies. i.e. RNZ, worley parsons, shell/ open day, MMC O&G, MMC Amec, petronas, uzma, pegasus, chevron, murphy oil, DPS-Global, Schlumberger, petrofac and others since Aug 08.

6. ANN says:

Mr. Wata: Perhaps Mr. Wata can do a little help recommending to the mentioned company. I’ve sent my resume to M3nergy via email. Tq. Can you give me your email add?.

7. Wata says:

ANN: I have no clout with the above mentioned companies. You are better off looking for recommendations from other persons.

8. Heng says:

Mr. Wata : Is the process engineer vacancy still available? I am a Process engineer with 4years Oil & gas experience.

9. Wata says:

Heng: I don’t know which vacancy you refer to. If it’s one of those listed above, please liase directly with the advertising company.