February 23, 2015
Happy Happy Week. Buy my recommendations, or through my Amazon store. Or get the Young Turks series (all 4 books). Where are those corporate sponsors? Or throw donations at me.
- I hear Hess is looking for a number of metering and measurement engineers. Heck, I should be a shoe in.
- Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC to friends) has an itty-bitty spread. Operations is looking onshore and offshore operations, project engineer (mechanical), offshore installation manager, production supervisor. Apply here, or snail mail to: Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Comp Sdn Bhd, Level 52, Tower 2, PETRONAS Twin Towers, KLCC, 50088 KL, Malaysia.
Support your local bookshop! Bookalicious at The Summit Subang is a good choice. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and other ologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces. Those of you who have dropped my name, thanks!
Food choice of the week? How if you visit Vietnam, how about visiting and updating GoHalalVietnam! for your food needs. For your other needs, talk to your local tour guide/ concierge / man on the street.
As crude prices are low, you need all the help you can get to nail that elusive 2k job:
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking, Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World’s Most Wanted Hacker, The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security
December 7, 2013
Dateline 2013-10-08, Platts:
Production from the first phase of the $5.2 billion North Malay Basin project, which envisages development and commercialization of nine stranded gas fields offshore Terengganu in Peninsular Malaysia, is scheduled to begin by the end of 2013.
“The early production system phase will be ready by the end of 2013 and the full field development phase will be ready in 2017,” a spokesman with Malaysia’s national oil and gas company Petronas said in an email.
Petronas’ upstream arm, Petronas Carigali, and the Malaysian subsidiary of US-based Hess in June 2012 signed three production sharing contracts, paving the way for the implementation of the North Malay Basin project. The three PSCs, in which Petronas Carigali and Hess have an equal 50% stake, are for blocks PM302, PM325 and PM326b.
September 28, 2013
Dateline Chicago Tribune 2013-08-15:
Energy majors Exxon Mobil Corp and Royal Dutch Shell are among the suitors advancing to the next round of bidding for Newfield Exploration Co’s Malaysian and Chinese oil and gas fields valued at about $1.2 billion, people familiar with the matter said.
Newfield and Hess Corp are among a number of U.S. energy companies unloading ageing and less productive oil and gas fields to invest in more strategic and profitable projects, particularly in and close to their home markets. The moves are driven in part by activist shareholders.
July 18, 2013
Dateline 2013-06-21, Value Walk:
Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES) and Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX) have separately launched auctions to offload their Asian oil and gas assets. The value of their combined assets put on sale could go up to $3 billion, people familiar with the matter told Denny Thomas of Reuters.
U.S. companies have increasingly been selling their less productive and aging oil and gas fields in Asia. They are now investing in more profitable and strategic projects, especially in their home markets. Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES) and Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX) have followed the same path, mainly due to mounting pressure from activist shareholders.
July 18, 2012
Isn’t this really outdated. How do I get onto this gravy boat?
State oil firm Petronas signed three production sharing contracts with the exploration arm of U.S. firm Hess Corp on Thursday, kicking off a $5.2 billion gas project off Malaysia’s east coast.
The North Malay Basin project, comprising nine gas fields about 300 km (186 miles) off the east coast of peninsular Malaysia, is aimed at securing new gas supplies for Petronas as it faces a supply crunch.
July 18, 2010
Here’s a view from the food court which is at the same level as Hess’ offices in Menara Tan & Tan (8th floorish). I think there’s a putting green just outside the camera frame…
View from Hess' Floor
January 19, 2009
Another week, another scan of the Saturday Star newspaper. Here’s a list of job ads in the paper:
- Synergy Oil and Gas Engineering is recruiting fresh chemical engineering graduates, or those with around 1 year experience. CVs may be sent to email@example.com. It’s also looking for admin execs who can run the invoicing / payroll / accounting as well as be office managers. We DO have a physical office, y’know.
- Carigali Hess is looking for a Head of Mech Eng, Snr Rot Eqt Eng and Snr Instr Eng. Send you CVs before 31st Jan 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org, or snail mail to HR & Admin Section, Carigali Hess Operating Company Sdn Bhd, Level 68, Tower 2, PETRONAS Twin Towers, KLCC 50088 KL.
- Talisman is looking for a Structural Eng, Resv Eng and Resv Tech Eng.
Sigh, since I have moved with Synergy out of KL, will you patronise Chee Meng in my memory? Or invite me to meetings around Bukit Bintang at lunchtime?