This is a shout out for the IEM. My technical division will be hosting a trip to Selinsing Gold Mine, Kuala Lipis, Pahang on the 20th August, 2016. You will be anointed with 4 CPD / PDP hours.
Selinsing has a long mining history. Mining commenced prior to 1888 and has operated intermittently through to 1966. Underground and open cut mining, together with tailings treatment has produced an estimated 85,000 ounces of gold during this period. Fast forward to present day between 2003 and 2005, treatment of the tailings using heap leach extraction produced 6,624 ounces. In October 2008, a new gold treatment plant was built resulting in the first gold poured from the gravity circuit 12 months later. July 2009 saw open pit mining started at the location and began hauling ore material to the ROM pad for production and by February 2010 the projects’ own carbon-in-leach (CIL) circuit commenced commissioning.
- 07.30am Bus departs from IEM, PJ
- 10.30am Arrive at Selinsing
- 10.30am – 11.00am Safety induction and project briefing
- 11.00am – 11.45am Mill tour
- 11.45am – 12.30pm Property and Mine Tour
- 12.30pm – 2.00pm Lunch, Photography session and End of Visit