The course has moved inter-state.
Post note: and cancelled. What, my own state doesn’t want me?
The Negeri Sembilan branch will be hosting a 1 day seminar on the 20th January, 2016. It is worth 7 CPD points, and held at Wisma IEM. Since I’m giving it, I expect hoards will have to be turned away at the gates. And I get to baaliiiik kampuungg.
A Hazard and Operability study is a formal and systematic and detailed examination of the process and engineering intentions of new or existing facilities which assesses the hazard potential and effects on the facility as a whole when operation is outside of the design envelope, or individual items of equipment malfunction.
This course is designed to educate participants in the HAZOP process from the perspective of a HAZOP team member. It is meant to provide both instruction and workshop sessions so that the participants:
- Are familiar with the concept of ‘risk’
- Are familiar with the theory behind HAZOP
- Are familiar with the actual HAZOP workshop process
- Have expectations as to what the HAZOP will (and won’t provide)
- Understand what deliverables can be expected from a HAZOP
- Have the opportunity to participate in HAZOP exercise in a safe environment
- Opportunity to share HAZOP experiences
At the end of the session, the participants should:
- Understand the responsibilities of all parties in the HAZOP
- Have experience in a HAZOP session.
- Understand the outcomes from a HAZOP session
Wata has 20 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, in both design and operations.