My technical division will be hosting a 1 day seminar on the 10th Sovember, 2015. It is worth 6.5 CPD points, and held at Wisma IEM. Since I’m giving it, I expect hoards will have to be turned away at the gates. And it’s a big room, so I need to fill the seats.
In the Layer of Protection methodology, a Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) designed to eliminate the cause of a risk or minimize the consequence of an event. The expectation of the SIF’s reliability to perform upon demand must be defined so that it is designed appropriately. The Safety Integrity Level (SIL) study is a tool used this.
This full day course is designed to educate participants in the SIL process from the perspective of a SIL team member. It is meant to provide both instruction and workshop sessions so that the participants:
- Are familiar with the concept of ‘risk’
- Are familiar with the theory and terminology behind Layers of Protection, SIS, SIF, SIL and LOPA
- Are familiar with the different SIL methodologies: risk graph, risk matrix, LOPA.
- Have expectations as to what the SIL workshop will (and won’t) provide.
- Understand what deliverables can be expected from a SIL workshop.
- Have the opportunity to participate in SIL exercise in a safe environment.Opportunity to share SIL experiences.
Wata has 19 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, in both design and operations.