Saturday Star 2012-07-14 – Job Opportunities

To all readers, Ramadhan Mubarak (yes, I’m a few days early, not making up my own madhab). Be a bit more patient and tolerant to fellow beings, and start helping out those less fortunate then us. Invite me over for tarawikh prayers, iftar optional, wifi a must.

C’mon. Buy my recommendations, or through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for my new camera. Where are those corporate sponsors? Or throw donations at me. Plus, it’s my birthday month, so spend a little extra.

Apologies for not posting last week. If you were wondering why, the photos are here. If not, you should visit here more often.

If you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.

• I’m looking for a senior process engineer, 7+ years experience. Send your cv here . Also looking for process safety persons, lead piping designer, lead instrument engineer, and other seniors you think will catch my eye.
  • PETRONAS wants you to discover your potential. Go visit them.
  • That’s it.

May I suggest that readers try Bluestacks? Run your Android apps on your Windows tablet, so you can buy that Win8 tablet (and buy me one) without worrying you won’t have anything to play on it!

Support your local bookshop!  Bookalicious at The Summit Subang is a good choice. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and other ologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces. Those of you who have dropped my name, thanks!

You need to improve your Excel massage skills if you want to be an engineer. Here are some words to help you along.

Excel 2010 BibleExcel 2010 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet’s Bookshelf)Excel for Scientists and Engineers: Numerical Methods

This week’s food promotion is … mee bandung Mooor. If you find nice places around PJ, let me know. I’ve tried the one across from the PJ State Police Station.

14 Responses to Saturday Star 2012-07-14 – Job Opportunities

1. jaja says:

Hai Mr Wata, thank God I accidently read your blog. I really have problems with my future career. May you give me some consultation, may I have your email? Don’t worry, I’ll give some donation for you. 😉

jaja: If its not too personal, say what you want to say here. You do know that no one can see your email address, right? Well, unless they want to start a bidding war, anyways.

• jaja says:

Tq for replying sir, yup its not too personal, I am just need your advice. I am second class lower chemical engineering graduate. After I finished my degree on Oct 2010, I work with Maybank as telesales( just grab what ever job to avoid unemployment) for 8 month. Then I was offered to join SL1M ( Skim Latihan 1 Malaysia) under UMW Corporation S/B. Sadly, I was randomly attached under Logistic Department. After I finished the programme, total 8 months, I was offered as Customer Service Officer because that was the only vacancy availabe. I am very sad and refuse to accept it. I struggling looking for job in oil and gas industry because I really want to gain experience and work hard. May you advice me how to start because I am feeling really down. It’s very hard for employment as don’t have any exp and certs. Nobody wanna give me exp.Should I go for any training??

jaja; If you want to restart your career clock, you need to apply as if you have just graduated, so potential employees won’t be looking for certs and experience. Your expected salary should be line with this target. If jobs are hard to come by, why not loosen up your target, and look for any chem eng related job? What do you want to be, part of the O&G workforce, or a chemical engineer? For the former, any job in O&G should suffice whether in marketing, business development, or sales? Mind you, this will pretty much blow away any chance you have of becoming a Professional Engineer in the future.

2. zx says:

u missed out the sapurakencana ads.

3. jaja says:

Mr Wata, plz reply my post.

4. jaja says:

Mr Johan, Tq so much. I will.

5. Halim says:

You can even start with equipment manufacturer or service provider. I started with the equipment manufacturing plant and built up my reputation, 10 yrs down the road, somebody recommended me to join Shell.

Halim: True, but then again I would believe you were in a technical position, before you moved to Shell. Unless you moved into a Management position, Ir. Anuar Taib?

6. mrp says:

Any young grads out there (or less than 2 years exp) i happened to notice job ad from GL Noble Denton as a Graduate Safety & Risk . May try your luck.