From Bernama – Restaurant Gas Blast Believed Due To Shoddy Maintenance – Fire Department


I like it that an opinion for a Maju Junction blast is out, but not for the Subang Empire blast.

Dateline 2011-11-29:

The gas explosion two days ago at a restaurant at the Maju Junction shopping centre is believed to have been due to shoddy maintenance, said Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department director-general Datuk Wan Mohd Nor Ibrahim.

He said restaurant operators or building owners who opted to use piped gas need to regularly maintain the system to prevent gas leaks that might cause explosions.

“Such a process is necessary for safety; piped gas is different from a normal gas tank as the pipe can leak without continuous maintenance,” he told reporters after the launch of a seminar on fire safety engineering design here Tuesday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: