Continuing my expansion of the above article, I thought I would list down the operators and comments of the acreage listed.
Blok A18 – as the original author says, the acreage is operated by the Carigali Hess Operating Company (CHOCas its known to friends). It’s located in the Malaysia Thailand Joint Development Area (JDA)
- Blok B17 – the PSC for this area is PETRONAS Carigali (JDA) Sdn Bhd, also in the JDA.
- Block C19 – the PSC for this area is Carigali-PTTEP International Operating Company (CPOC), also in the JDA.
- PM3 – operated by Talisman (Malaysia) Ltd.
- Sub-Blok Ular – operated by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB).
- PM301 & PM302 – CS Mutiara, though I’m not sure if they have had to relinquish the acerage yet. It’s interesting to note that this aceragetouches the Kelantanese shoreline.
- PM303 – Shell, PSC awarded in 1999, though yet to produce.
PM311 & 312 – joint venture between Murphy Peninsular Malaysia Oil Co Ltdand PCSB, yet to produce.
So, of the fields listed by the author, 3 are in the JDA, one is in Kelantanese waters, and the rest are in Terengganu waters.
It’s interesting to note that we do not have a JDA for disputed resources between Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei. Would that have reduced the amount of hydrocarbons that could be claimed by Sabah and Sarawak?