January 1, 2013
Taken from the website:
Industry Standards Committees (ISC) are responsible to:
- Oversees an orderly and effective development of standards in specific broad sector.
- Oversees international standardization in specific broad sector
- Final approval of technical content of draft standards
- Coordinating all standards work undertaken by technical committees and working groups.
The following are the ISCs managed by SIRIM Berhad:
- ISC/B-Chemicals and Materials
- ISC/C-Consumer Interests
- ISC/D-Building, Construction and Civil Engineering
- ISC/F-Mechanical Engineering
- ISC/G-Information Technology, Communications and Multimedia
- ISC/H-Petroleum and Gas
- ISC/I-Halal Standards
- ISC/J-Plastics and Plastics Products
- ISC/K-Packaging and Logistics
- ISC/L-Road Vehicles
- ISC/M-Fire Safety and Prevention
- ISC/N-Rubber and Rubber Products
- ISC/O-Organisational Management
- ISC/P-Metallic Materials and Semi-Finished Products
- ISC/Q-Textiles and Apparels
- ISC/R-Medical Devices and Facilities for Healthcare
- ISC/T-Tourism, Exhibition and Hospitality Services
- ISC/U-Food, Food Products and Food Safety
- ISC/W-Occupational Safety and Health
- ISC/Y-Quality Management and Quality Assurance
- ISC/Z-Environmental Management
MOGEC has representation on the ISC H.
October 13, 2012
Just passing the message along.
” We would like to inform that we are organizing a complimentary half-day Networking Session and Business Presentation with Industries on 22 OCT 2012 at Awana Kijal Golf Beach Spa Resort. Therefore, we would like to invite you and/or your representatives to attend the event as follows :
- DATE : MONDAY 22 OCT 2012
- TIME : 0900-1130AM
- VENUE : AWANA KIJAL GOLF BEACH SPA RESORT, KIJAL, KEMAMAN, TERENGGANU
- TENTATIVE AGENDA :
- OPENING REMARKS
- SIRIM TRAINING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- REFRESHMENT & END
More info? Read the attachment.
April 26, 2012
This is a shout out for the IEM. My Technical Division will be hosting a visit on the 16th May, 2012. It’ll start at 2:30pm and is worth 2 CPD hours. Come on, metrosexuals. You know you want to.
This technical visit will provide participants insights to the bio-cosmetics research and testing conducted by SIRIM Berhad to ensure safety of the users. The visit will highlight the complete lab and facilities available at the Center to develop cosmetic and topical products starting from lab scale to pilot production. The facilities include the extraction and purification labs, the safety and biocompatibility lab, the product formulation lab, the extraction and fermentation pilot plant facilities and the Cosmetic GMP Pilot Plant.
Register here or download the form here.
April 21, 2012
This is a shout out for the IEM. My Technical Division will be hosting a talk on the 19th May, 2012. It’ll start at 10.00am and is worth 2 CPD hours.
The Chemical Engineering Technical Division (CETD) is planning to organize a talk on Bio-Cosmetics Product Development – From R and D to Market. The talk shall include topics such as extraction, bioactivity studies, safety and toxicology evaluations, product development and efficacy study. The speaker will be sharing her experiences in developing cosmetics products utilizing natural active ingredients sourced from local ginger species from bench scale to commercialization.
Dr Zanariah bt Ujang is currently the Head of Marketing & Sales for The Research & Technology Development Division of SIRIM Berhad. She is responsible for marketing and new business development in the areas of industrial biotechnology, renewable energy, environmental technology and advanced materials. She graduated with a B Sc in Chemical Engineering from The University of Toledo, Ohio in 1984 and later obtained her M Sc in Process Engineering in 1994 and PhD in Chemical & Process Engineering in 1998 from The University of Strathclyde UK. After graduating from her PhD study, Dr Zanariah was appointed as a Principal Researcher at the Chemical and Industrial Biotechnology Center of SIRIM Berhad. She was responsible for setting up the cosmeceutical R & D program in SIRIM Berhad and has more than 15 years research experience in the field of industrial biotechnology and natural product development. Among her research interests and areas of expertise are in:
- Biocatalysis – developing enzymatic processes for the production of fine and specialty chemicals
- Biopolymers – developing natural polymers for wound management application
- Bioactives – developing natural based active ingredients for cosmetic and topical therapeutic application
- Nano lipid delivery systems for bioactive compounds
Register here or download the form here.