This is a shout out for the IEM. My technical division will be hosting a trip to Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Bandar Seri Iskandar, 31750 Tronoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan on the 23rd October, 2014. You will be anointed with 4 CPD / PDP hours.
The depleting natural resources and increasing challenges in exploring new oil field has saw the importance of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) in oil production industry. EOR has been recognized by the Malaysian Government as one of the focus area in Oil & Gas NKEA in year 2011.
The Centre of Research in EOR was established in Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) in year 2006 to promote excellence in EOR research that mostly addresses the needs of industry and to manage laboratory services. Research in the area has continuously expanded at UTP since 2006. Most EOR research projects are conducted by the petroleum engineering staff and the topics are mostly conventional topics such as subsurface fluid flow, rock fluid interactions etc. In addition, there is an increasing interest from non-petroleum engineering researching EOR chemicals, application of waves, advanced materials among others.
- 7.00 am Bus departs from IEM, PJ
- 10.45 am Arrival at UTP and welcoming remarks by DVC RI
- 11.00 am Introduction to Enhanced Oil Recovery
- 12.00 pm Introduction to CO2 Management
- 1.00 pm Token of Appreciation and group photo
- 1.15 pm Lunch
- 2.00 pm Technical Visit to EOR Research Centre
- 3.00 pm Technical Visit to CO2 Research Centre
- 4.00 pm Adjourn 0945 Arrival at site