This is a shout out for the IEM. My Technical Division will hosting a course on the 23rd and 24th March, 2011. It will be held at TUS room, Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya. The course is worth 13 CPD or PDP points.
This course is designed to provide an appreciation of ASME and ISO welding codes and standards to those engineers involved in manufacturing and fabrication industries using arc welding technologies. Its objective is to help engineers understand how to apply these welding codes and standards to ensure the welds meet the quality requirements set by these codes and standards. This course will provide general guidelines in applying and interpreting the rules along with case study. It will also benefit participants through the following:
- receive overview of ASME and ISO welding codes and standards
- understand the importance of qualification test in ensuring weld quality
- understand the background of rules and qualification range
- understand the background of destructive and non-destructive tests required for qualification test
- understand the process and approach to qualify a welding procedure specification and welder in the most cost-effective and practical way
- understand the background of qualification range of welding procedure specification and welder qualification
- application of qualification range to maximise the benefit of welding procedure specification and welder qualification
- understand the approach to validate a welding procedure specification with respect to welding and fabrication standards and project specification
- understand the weld quality requirements to improve effectiveness of inspection and reduce reject or repair rate
- improve communication between design engineer and welding engineer (Wata’s note: and we don’t mean using a welding torch as a semaphore).
A map to Wisma IEM is presented here. It’s the building labelled ‘Putri Nursing College.’
I appeal to readers, come on and send yourselves and staff to these courses. I need the support.