June 18, 2012
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for my new camera. C’mone, where are those corporate sponsors?
If you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- I’m looking for a senior process engineer, 7+ years experience. Send your cv here . Also looking for process safety persons, lead piping designer, lead instrument engineer, and other seniors you think will catch my eye.
- SapuraKencana has a full page ad. Send your cv here
- Petra Energy has an ad that looks as if has been extracted from Craigslist. Send your cv here, though the email address is @penergy.com.my
- JP Kenny is looking for engineers and technicians. Apply here.
May I suggest that readers try Bluestacks? Run your Android apps on your Windows tablet, so you can buy that Win8 tablet (and buy me one) without worrying you won’t have anything to play on it!
Support your local bookshop! Bookalicious at The Summit Subang is a good choice. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and other ologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces. Those of you who have dropped my name, thanks!
You need to improve your Excel massage skills if you want to be an engineer. Here are some words to help you along.
Excel 2010 Bible, Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet’s Bookshelf), Excel for Scientists and Engineers: Numerical Methods
This week’s food promotion is … mee bandung Mooor. If you find nice places around PJ, let me know. I’ve tried the one across from the PJ State Police Station.
May 2, 2011
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- JP Kenny is looking for commissioning engineers, electrical comm engineers, telecom, mech, inst commissioning engineers and technicians. Apply here.
- JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration (Malaysia) Ltd is looking for manager (exploration), manager (supplies & logistics), manager (resource assessment), manager (project), chief construction engineer, chief front-end engineer, chief project controller, HSE specialist, snr reservoir engineer, snr structural & marine engineer, senior petroleum engineer, senior geoscientist, drilling engineer. Snail mail to Human Resource Section, JX NIPPON OIL & GAS EXPLORATION (MALAYSIA) LTD, Lot 1168, 3rd Floor, Wisma Interhill, Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia before 16th May, 2011.
Here are some fundamental chem eng books I would recommend. I haven’t updated the list for a long time, I know… maybe if y’all bought more books, I’d be motivated.
Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, 3rd Edition, Transport Phenomena, Revised 2nd Edition.
March 20, 2009
Dateline 2009-03-18 (story link here):
SapuraCrest Petroleum Bhd has won a contract worth US$825 million (RM3 billion) for installation works at the Gumusut-Kakap field, about 200km offshore Sabah.
The field is located in 1,200m water depth.
The contract from Sabah Shell Petroleum Co Ltd will be executed over three years, beginning this year, SapuraCrest told Bursa Malaysia yesterday.
You can subscribe to an online version of the paper at the Bluehyppo site, follow links to e-browse.
On the same topic from the Oil & Gas Journal (dateline 2009-02-05):
Sabah Shell Petroleum Co. Ltd. Sdn. Bhd. awarded JP Kenny Wood Group a contract for subsea integration and follow-up engineering work for the Gumusut-Kakap deepwater development in 1,300 m of water, 120 km off Sabah, Malaysia, on Blocks J and K
And I thought that G-K would languish until the recession is over.