Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.
First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- There is an opening as admin staff at Synergy. We are also looking for someone with the ability and personality to fill up the position as a permanent member of the family. To balance things out, we’re focusing on competant female applicants.
- Shell is looking for people, though mostly in the subsurface department. Didn’t they just go through a rightsizing exercise? I guess they got rid of some deadwood, and need to fill those shoes. Visit www.shell.com/careers and select Job Search & Apply → Job Search for Professionals → Region → Asia → Malaysia. The ad asks you to quote reference DVT035C, but you know you should quote ‘razmahwata.wordpress.com’.
- Saudi Aramco (actually Saudi Aramco Total) has a full page advert. go Visit www.satorp.com.
- Wow, Dayang Enterprise Sdn Bhd (known affectionately as Dayang to us Esso old timers) is looking for a mess of people. I congratulate them on winning whatever support contract that requires so many people. Apply here or here. Or snail mail before 18th June to HR Manager, Dayang Enterprise Sdn Bhd, Sublot 5-10, Lot 46, Block 10, Jalan Taman Raja (Hilltop), Miri Concession Land District, P.O. Box 1134, 98000 Miri, Sarawak.
- Optimal (tagline Optimise your Career Potential) is looking for a Production Technician. Hmmm, do you Kertehians want to apply? Visit their website, or apply here.
- Expro (“Well Flow Management”) is looking for a Operator / Senior Operator Well Testing, Drill Stem Test (DST) Operator. Apply here.
- SPIE is looking for a expeditor and buyer (cool, one to cut a PO, the other to chase up, kinda like a tag team). visit their site to apply.
Going back to the basics of chemical engineering, here are some texts I referred to, in an attempt to grasp the fundamentals of chem eng back in my Part I and Part II days. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering, An Introduction to Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer: With Applications in Chemical and Mechanical Process Engineering (out of print, written by one of my lecturers). Introductory texts to Gas Processing would be John M Campbell’s Gas Conditioning and Processing V. 1: The Basic Principles, Gas Conditioning and Processing V. 2: The Equipment Modules, which you get if you attend the course.