April 21, 2018
YuorOilandGasNews (go figure), dateline 2018-02-27:
International Petroleum Corporation has announced that the Bertam FPSO is now registered as a Malaysian flagged vessel under the applicable Malaysian marine regulations.
The Bertam FPSO is required to be Malaysian flagged in order to offload oil production from the Bertam field in Malaysian waters. As previously announced in December 2017, IPC had received an extension for the provisional registration of the Bertam FPSO in Malaysia until March 2018. Following the submission of an application to the relevant Malaysian authorities, the Bertam FPSO has now received registration as a Malaysian flagged vessel under the applicable Malaysian marine regulations.
IPC, through its wholly-owned subsidiary IPC Malaysia BV, is the operator of the Bertam field with a 75 percent working interest. Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 25 percent.
April 20, 2018
Dateline 2018-03-01, NST:
Asset acquisitions in the oil and gas industry may continue this year as big players seek to increase their capital expenditure while oil prices are rebounding.
This will also benefit smaller players like Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd in the hunt for potential new brownfield assets as rationalisation by the big players continue.
Since oil price plummeted in 2014, the global oil and gas industry saw high number of mergers and acquisition (M&As) deals where big players carried out their rationalisation plans, cut down costs and capital deployment, as well as sold assets to smaller players.
Bloomberg data showed M&As in the industry picked up since 2013 to reach its highest volume level of 428.2 billion in 2017.
According to Financial Times, quoting Mergermarket, M&As had risen by 40 per cent to US$270 billion in the first nine months of last year, compared with US$192 billion in the same period in 2016.
April 19, 2018
Diving related news. And maybe a O&G twist.
Dateline 2018-02-27, Malay Mail:
Sunken World War II shipwrecks are being plundered by local salvage firms in cahoots with an international syndicate.
According to The Star newspaper, the scavengers are reportedly looking for low-background metals, uncontaminated by radiation released from nuclear weapons, that are sought after for use in sensitive medical and scientific equipment.
Evidence of such activities surfaced at an Australian Institute for Maritime Archaeology conference in Australia recently, which revealed that 48 naval shipwrecks across Southeast Asia, mainly around Malaysia and Indonesia, were plundered by the syndicate.
Quoting an anonymous source, the report said that the syndicate uses a grab dredger or crane barge to “fish” for parts of the wreckage from the seabed.
The illegal salvage operations were believed to have plundered 19 wrecks in Malaysia, mainly ships sunk during World War II.
April 17, 2018
My technical division will be hosting a visit on the 24th April, 2018.
Ever wonder how the oil & gas wells are drilled? This is your chance to take a look at the tools we use to drill the wells and other tools that are international standard being made in Malaysia. You will be able to see how OMNI’s research team has produced new designs that have proven effectiveness in adding significant value to the efficiency of well drilling operations and reducing operational risk. These are the tools that will ensure success in the drilling operations.
Register here, or download the form here.
April 16, 2018
IGL SERVICES SDN BHD is glad to invite you to take part in our training course that listed below:
Trainer: Ir Danaraj Chandrasegaran
Venue: Hilton, Petaling Jaya
For Further Information & Registration: Visit here
April 16, 2018
Happy need to revenue generating work week. IGL has pivoted into training, so book your seats now.
We’re thinking of republishing Young Turks of PETRONAS, but it’s a minimum 500 book printing run. Do I have enough interested persons to purchase?
Donate to your favorite charity (me), buy my recommendations, or through my Amazon store. Or get the Young Turks series (3 books until I can get YTP republished). Where are those corporate sponsors? Or throw donations at me, my camera dive case flooded, and I need a new replacement. Heck, if you want to send me a Canon 5D Mk III plus dive case, I will not say no.
- I have a feeling that The Star isn’t the preferred O&G job recruitment portal now, and they have moved adverts to another online presence (I bought a dead tree edition this week). I see more adverts via social media. What do you think, is it a step change that the papers need to embrace?
- I’m looking for jobs for 3Q2018. Send me your POs.
Food choice of the week? Tuna House, Manado
This week, may I suggest you have a peek at Dakwah Corner? They have branches in Subang Parade, PJ Section 14, Ampang Park (okay, forget about the Ampang Park branch)