My technical division will be hosting a 2 day course on the 26th and 27th April, 2017. It is worth 13 CPD points, and held at Wisma IEM. The course will be presented by Ir. Elias Musa.
This practical course will provide the participants the required skills, tools, knowledge, attitude and the competencies needed to manage the design and the construction of a process plant or facilities.
• Introduction to Project Management for Chemical Engineers
• Overview of Plant Project and Basic Process Design Element for Chemical Engineers
• Planning Engineering Work, managing Schedule, Cost, Quality and Resource
• Coordinating Engineering Work and Conceptual Engineering Design
• Detail Engineering design, Invitation To Bid and Contract matters
• Project Management Organization, Progress Measurement and Reporting
• Procurement of Long Lead Items and Bulks
• Construction – Process Equipment, Piping, Instrumentation etc
• Pre-commissioning and Mechanical Acceptance, Commissioning and Initial Startup
• Project Handover and Warranty
Ir. Elias Musa earned a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Chemical Engineering in 1977, with MS and MBA as well as a certified Project management Professional with PMI (USA), and has over 30 years of experience in plant /facilities project development in Oil & Gas Industry, including offshore and onshore production facilities, pipeline and gas processing plant GPP and LNG. He has worked for clients as well as International design consultants.