June 16, 2020
Dateline 2020-05-22, FMT:
Fire broke out at a storage tank of an oil refinery in Port Dickson this afternoon.
A spokesman of the Negeri Sembilan Fire and Rescue Department said no casualties were reported.
He said 38 firemen from three stations, from Port Dickson, Teluk Kemang and Seremban 2, together with members of the Hazardous Material Unit (Hazmat), were sent to the scene after receiving an emergency call at 4.15pm.
“The fire affected a 10,000-litre capacity oil tank. Fire-fighting operations are ongoing.”
Meanwhile, Hengyuan Refining Company Bhd said the fire occurred at one of the crude tanks at its premises.
January 6, 2017
Dateline 2016-12-02, Malay Mail:
Shell Refining Company Port Dickson (SRC) confirmed that oil sheen discovered near the SRC jetty in Batu 1, Jalan Pantai Port Dickson, here at 6.30pm yesterday was from its single buoy mooring (SBM).
SRC in a statement here today said SRC immediately activated and mobilised it’s Response Team to the area to investigate the sheen and manage the situation.
“The source of the leak was quickly identified to be from SBM and the team has managed to isolate the source and stop any further leak into the environment. SRC is now focussed on minimising any impact to the environment and clean-up efforts are underway.
“The cleaning activity of the oil sheen and the safety of the community and the responders are our utmost priority. We are working closely with the relevant local authorities such as the Fire and Rescue Department and the Department of Environment on the clean-up efforts,” it said.
August 2, 2016
Dateline 2016-06-25, NST:
A fire broke out at a Petron oil refinery at Batu 1 here tonight, temporarily disrupting its operations. The fire, which began at 9.30pm, saw 10-metre-high flames shoot up, believed to be due to leaking on the refinery stacks. More than 30 firemen and seven fire engines from the Port Dickson, Teluk Kemang, Seremban and Seremban 2 fire stations were dispatched to the scene. The firemen took about an hour to put out the blaze. A witness, M. Suresh, 60, said he heard two loud booming sounds before the fire broke out. “We were shocked and worried as our houses are only 300 metres away from the location,” he said. No injuries have been reported at press time.