Considering we hardly every change out the gas cylinder hose, it’s a wonder we aren’t having more cases.
Dateline 2021-08-16, The Sun:
Scarcely is there a home, restaurant or hawker stall in Malaysia that does not have the ubiquitous cooking gas cylinder.
More than half a century has passed since it was first introduced, and accepted as a safe and convenient option to charcoal or firewood for cooking.
However, cases of cooking gas cylinders exploding are not uncommon.
Just last month, a doctor in Penang was caught in a blast that left 95% of his body badly burned. He eventually succumbed to the injuries.