Saturday Star 2011-07-02 – Job Opportunities

Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.

First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.

• SapuraCrest is looking for a mess of people. Email them here.
  • Hess is looking for people, fresh meat encouraged to apply.
  • Wow, Shell is looking for graduates, too. There’s a walk in interview at Shell House on th 16th, 2011. Attire is formal dinner, or am I messing with you. If you cannot make it, you can visit www.shell.com/careers and select Students & Graduates → Shell Recruitment Day.
  • Sabic has an advert for Area Manufacturing – Yanbu. They are looking for a Turnaround Engineer, New Services Development Engineer, Specialized Services Engineer, Performance Review & Improvement Engineer, and Strategy & Planning Engineer.  You can apply via email here or here. Or key in your resumes online here. Login under candidate login and password at the website.
  • Talisman is looking for a Project & Modification Integrity Engineer. Apply here, and visit their site.

May I suggest that readers install the Waze app on their phones? And use it as much as possible? It says its a “a social mobile application providing free turn-by-turn navigation based on the live conditions of the road. 100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!”

How about a selection of books on chemical plants?

Ludwig’s Applied Process Design for Chemical and Petrochemical Plants, Fourth Edition,Process Plants: A Handbook for Inherently Safer Design, Second EditionChemical Engineering Design: Principles, Practice and Economics of Plant and Process Design.

17 Responses to Saturday Star 2011-07-02 – Job Opportunities

something for you.

Rather than playing mindless games like those stupid facebook games my engineers play, go for this

at least it uses your brain than just harvesting corn in a game.

Jabbs: what you really want to do is replace those mindless games with current engineering jobs that require solutions. I can see the new games now: SIL me, SIL you. Pressure panic. Relief!

JtH: yup, get people to experience plantville. I might make it part of the interview session.

2. zhfrn says:

u missed out job adv by Mustang Engineering looking for engineers in the classified section.

Zh: you applying?

• JabbatheHutt says:

zhfrn,

do try to give their office a cold call and ask for their head of instrumentation. Should be kind enough to give you an interview if you get your cv on his desk.

• hans says:

zhfrn

Do call the CEO. Tell him/her that I know where do you live, I know everything about you ..So do you to hire me or not? Plus .. tell the CEO too that his/her mother owed you a lot .. (money, wedding gift, etc be creative here). Your objective here is to get contract of employment without interview.

p/s
        Then the CEO will call a police to nab you .. of course .. don’t take my advice seriously.

• zhfrn says:

thanks for the advise mr jabba. and thanks also for recommending plantville. would recommend to colleagues about the game. hopefully the game will evolve from time to time.

3. amz says:

Assalamualaikum Mr Wata,

I am now working as Project Engineer at some local oil and gas consultant. At some point, I do argue with my decision to involve as a project, as you know local consultants doesn’t exposed much on technical i.e. mechanical, process, instrument etc. But future terms, I sense that to be a good project manager or lead engineer, while exposed only on administrative and management side as Project Engineer, does it help much to improve technical knowledge?

In the mean time, I do put a lot of effort by seeing all respective leads to capture technical outstanding issues to get a better overview, and then to manage it. Appreciate if you can give me some advise with regards to my future career terms Mr Wata. Am i, in a wrong path?

amz: salam. my opinion, if you want to be technical, get a career path that will allow you to be either a Professional Engineer, or Chartered Engineer, or something similar. If not, I’m sure there will be a requirement for project engineers, but in my case I look for technically competent people who have an aptitude to manage things when the poopoo hits the fan.

Wgat do you mean, local consultants aren’t exposed to technical? My senior, Dr. Shahreen Madros of Malaysian Petroleum Resource Corp, would be very upset. And so would all my staff, my ex-bosses, my clients… you get the picture.

• amz says:

Salam again. Thanks Mr Wata. Again, technically speaking all the existing PE’s that i am now mingled with only deal with outstanding technical problem i.e. the problem occur in the project.Maybe it is not the right time yet for me because I’ve only have one and half year exp, but I am sayiing this just my personal view from how the project has been executed from early to end phase.

The scope of the job is more to managing things. And, I just want to highlight to you that, I start from fresh. And it endure a lot of responsibility and effort to catch up with technical things. Maybe if, I start from Mechanical, then go to Project site, I have a core value in Mechanical instead of handling a project. Thank you again Mr Wata.

• JabbatheHutt says:

local consultants doesn’t expose to technical ? I wonder what does the hundreds of people in worley, technip, RNZ do? play solitaire? while the oil companies ask them to do what?

• amz says:

Salam Mr Jabba. Unfortunately, my company block all Microsoft games including solitaire. Eventhough i tried to download one time back then, the screen will appear “Access Denied”.

What i am saying is just only for Project site. Project site doesn’t exposed much to technical. And just to emphasized the above said reply, I start everything fresh, and only exposed technical terms when i go for a meeting. And mingling with all leads also lah.

At some point Mr Jabba, i think i want to start again from real fresh as mechanical engineer and then to pursue further for project later on after 10 years maybe.

• Jabbathehutt says:

ok.

Site guys do not go into design. What you meant was design. The path of glory is to do technical (hardcore engineering) for 10 yrs and then go to project maangement.