First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- Murphy has a two page spread, so I guess they must be doing something right. On engineering, they are looking for a senior reservoir eng, senior well intervention engineer (in case internecine well war breaks out), senior production engineer/production technologist, instrument engineer, snr metering engineer, engineering manager, technical assistant (bring your own slide rule?). Send your applications here.
- Saudi Aramaco is looking for a drilling foreman and supervisors. Call Scott, Recruitment Representative at +44 20 7632 4967 (Use Skype to keep those charges low, or take a vacation to visit my university), or apply here.
- ExxonMobil is looking for a wellwork supervisor. Apply here.
- I see that QatarGas is looking for people.They are looking for a Hydrocarbon Allocation Officer (“You methane stand there, don’t flirt with the ethane”), Snr Hydrocarbon Allocations Engineer, Lead Production and Sales Planner. Apply here. or snail mail to Uzma Engineering, No. 68 & 70 Fraser Business Park, Jalan Metro Pudu 2, Off Jln Yew, 55200 Kuala Lumpur.
- Where’s the advert for Mustang Energy? Do they think they can waltz into Malaysia, and do all their engineering out of Houston?
Some books that will perk your interest in the oil & gas industry. Anyone want to make the movie “What Went Wrong?”
Nontechnical Guide to Petroleum Geology, Exploration, Drilling and Production (2nd Edition) The History of the Standard Oil Company, Vol. 1 (Classic Reprint) What Went Wrong?, Fifth Edition: Case Histories of Process Plant Disasters and How They Could Have Been Avoided (Butterworth-Heinemann/IChemE)