Saturday Star 2010-10-17 – Job Opportunities

Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store.

First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.

• AkerSolutions ads say ‘it takes extraordinary talent to see possibilities in impossible surroundings’. A good quote to pick up. Visit them here if you want to see if you are woman enough to meet the challenge.
  • Murphy is looking for a snr deepwater completion engineer, shelf drilling team leader.  Send your applications here.

This week, my book recommendation is unusually not available from Amazon.us, though it is available on the Amazon.co.uk site. It’s a guide called Hajj Made Easy, a useful book I plan to use next month.

18 Responses to Saturday Star 2010-10-17 – Job Opportunities

1. zhfrn says:

Planning for hajj ke? Highly recommending a very comprehensive guide by our own Malaysian ulama, Syaikh Dr Abd Basit (Ph.D (Syaria) Universiti Islam Madinah)currently a Musyrif in Pondok Sg Durian. Just google ‘abu anas madani’ to know more about him. A humble, faqih and mukhlis type of person. There’s a recorded video of him conducting kursus Haji at Kelantan. If you’re interested, jz give me the address and I can courier the dvd. no payment needed.

BarakaLlahu fi ka.

zhfrn: Jazakallah for the offer to send the DVD. You can send it to my office address, which can be found at http://www.synergykl.com.my. Or compress it and upload to a personal link. The website http://www.abuanasmadani.com/ is difficult to read, though. I think the styles are messed up.

• zhfrn says:

he too admit that his website is kind of messed up since it/multimedia is not his expertise.

anyway, i will send it to your office once i’m back in kl probbly around nxt month, insyaAllah.

zhfrn: thank you for the DVD. However, I won’t be able to see it before I go for Hajj.

• zhfrn says:

Ouh you’re going this year. I’ve minta tolong from Dr Ab Basit. He’s willing to kindly post the thing to your office. Dr Ab Basit also going this year as pemimpin haji/pakar rujuk under Ash-Har Travel. You should meet him :).

zhfrn: I have received the DVD, and am going through it now. Jazakallah. If I get the contact details, maybe I may see him.

• zhfrn says:

🙂
        this is his phone no. 019 9441881. he’ll be in jeddah 2 Nov.
        when are u going there?

2. Nizamer says:

Hmm..Hajj Made Easy..suppose is not a book..its a fact.hehe..

3. wan says:

Salam wata…

FYI,Im graduated from our local university with a Bsc in Physics…Currently im work as process engineer in electonic manufacturing field..i would like to know about opportunity for physics student to work in O&g company..

Im looking opportunities to work in this field..

wan: I think your best bet is to try for research postions, though I have not seen anyone with a physics degree yet. I’ve seen someone with a PhD in maths and reservoir engineering, though. Try SGS or Exxon Research, or PETRONAS GTS.

• observer. says:

dear wan,
      further ur studies for a superb master degree and even better phd in crygenics. then submit ur application to sgsi or mlng.

if you’re looking for a faster route then it would be rather challenging.

• wan says:

tq wata and observer…..just now, my application only focus on small company that provide services…wish me luck..to be my pleasure to work there..

buzz me if u know any job vacancy that related with my qualification…preferred position is junior exec or supervisor..

thank you again..

• Jabbathehutt says:

superb master degree = do something like cryogenics and learn how to freeze Jabba’s sperm for my private sperm bank.

4. Ahmad says:

Assalamualaikum wrt,

Hi Wata,

I recently graduated in Petroleum Engineering with distinction from University of Alberta, Canada, but i dont have any professional work experience.I’m looking for a job in oil and gas industry in Malaysia. I had applied for a lot of positions but still no job offer. I was thinking to do internship, do you know any established oil and gas company that willing to take graduate like me for internship? if i’m not mistaken, company like petronas only will offer student for internship..

thank you so much.

ahmad: you just have to keep trying. Look for any job in the big companies, and try to get moved round to the subsurface group.

• Jabbathehutt says:

there are 120000000000000000 students that are asking the same question for 20 positions.

I guess you have better chances in finding a four leaf clover…

If I were you, try writing more to other companies that are in oil and gas. Unless your bapa owns petronas, not much hope.