Saturday Star 2010-03-27 – Job Opportunities

First off, if you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, you are definitely Babblefish fodder.

• Those of you who have started comments with “I’m a graduate, oil & gas companies hate me, please spend your time and hourly rates getting me a job for free… oh, I want hot guys/girls, cold drinks, and an oil free environment offshore,’ go apply to Murphy as a Graduate Trainee. Send your qualifications (ROTFL) here.

That’s it?

No food recommendations this week.  If you want, you can go see my book recommendations, and make a purchase.

8 Responses to Saturday Star 2010-03-27 – Job Opportunities

1. Akma says:

i’ve been reading ur blog since our 1st job co-operation last year. u r so much into O&G. why i don’t have that enthusiasm?

Akma: I find the industry interesting as I know a sizable number of the Malaysian O&G fraternity, have worked in various projects which I currently have a business interest in, interested in tech, and get questions from various people who assume I have the ear of ‘The Man,’ and privy to inside info. One or the other point will sustain my interest in O&G.

If you’re new, and focussed on the piece of paper in front of you, the supervisor standing over your back, and the project schedule, you need to appreciate that your current position is temporary, and you need to stand back and see the forest, not the trees.

A sense of humour helps as well. Oh, and be a sidekick to Jabba. Well, a sidekick if Jabba had feet 🙂

We planning to co-operatate again this year? (man, I am being a straight guy for many people out there).

2. Ayeshaness says:

Hi Wata,
    Cool website. =). Trying my luck on Murphy job.

yeah, and being nasty keeps the parasites away.

4. Fairus says:

Mr wata,

if i want to deposit my CV to you, what is your email adds? BTW,i have heard your name since my friend attached with poyry before.

Fairuz: we hope my name isn’t in the same sentence as a lot of swearing. Anyhow, send CV and donation to fpso(a)igl.com. I focus on chem engs, then work my way down…

People deposit a lot of things with wata. Do you know he has a big bin with a big label “Rubbish” next to his table?

1. By attaching with Poyry, it means they are a loser. Synergy is taking most of poyry’s business.
    2. If your friend is not offered a job by wata, he may not be good enough. a friend of a friend? its like the my cousin’s brother-in-law’s step mother’s grand niece’s long lost brother claiming to be my close relative. (Advice to graduate : NEVER CLAIM TO KNOW ANYONE UNLESS YOU ARE SURE IT HELPS YOU.)

If you send a donation, maybe he’ll read.

btw, did your friend help you to get into poyry, or have they rejected you?